Tuesday, October 24, 2006

new bike on its way

i'm very excited to receive my new bike. i had it shipped to mom and dad's so that it wouldn't be left at my apartment in the little bitty lobby. it is pretty slick and i'm definitely looking forward to lugging an appox 20lb bike up the stairs to my 3rd floor apartment instead of the 30lb bike i have been lugging up the stairs. it's a kestrel talon, which until i started shopping around, was not a brand i had even heard of. i also got a killer deal on it, which is good since i would expect be looking at upwards of $2200 or more for a bike with the features that this one has, and my budget was not near that.


a coworker was joking around last week at the amount i was going to pay, and said "well it comes with pedals, right?" and the answer, of course, is nooooooo. but i do have my pedals already purchased and ready to attach to the bike. i just need shoes to attach to the cleats to attach to the pedals. otherwise, i'm sitting pretty good as far as my gear goes. need some gloves, too, but those aren't too much of a worry. hopefully i can stop by and check out some shoes some time this week! these are the ones i think i want, but have to make sure they fit (as a bonus, they are also under my expected shoe budget, so keep those fingers crossed).