Wednesday, November 08, 2006

how i'd love a fireplace

this is really cool, if not a bit too expensive for me at the moment. i love fireplaces, but living in an apartment, or even condo, i don't have much choice in the matter. my previous two apartments had fireplaces but my current abode does not. even when i did have a fireplace, the cleaning, storing and buying firewood, and other un-fun aspects of the ordeal made me hesitate to have a fire, despite how much i love the ambiance and aesthetic they bring. this beauty runs on ethanol (organic, clean burning, etc) and doesn't require a chimney, gas line, or anything. you just mount it on the wall and fill up the reservoir and voila, fireplace in any room you want. there are empty spots on the walls in both my living room and bedroom if anybody has an extra $1260 (x2) burning a hole in their pocket. spotted on better living through design (quickly turning into my fave site if that isn't too obvious).