Thursday, August 23, 2007

testing... testing... some new things

evidently, there is this cutesy feature by which you can post to your blog via email, so i'm giving it a try. this will be handy if i feel the need to blog something while away from a computer, since i can email from my cell phone. such a nerdy girl i am.

on an unrelated note, but one i wanted to blog about nonetheless. i received some sad news about a family member earlier today. sometimes things like this happen, but i think it hit a lot of us extra hard because of what a happy time everybody had last weekend at my cousin, Jason's wedding. it's hard to live this far away from the rest of my family at times like this. i feel like i want to be there to give support, despite not really knowing what i would do to be supportive in this situation. i hope that everybody in my family knows that even though i don't live right there, i am thinking about them, and am (usually) kept in the loop with any big news. thank goodness for the internet. it certainly has the ability to shorten the miles. i know that if we didn't have blogs and picture sites, i'd be missing out on a lot of what happens with my sister, ron, and lucy. i know that mindy and i are a lot better about emailing each other and keeping in touch now that we have the blogs.

new feature: i'm going to try to be good about sticking to this, and it should be easier if this mobile blogging thing works. i'm going to try to post a positive thing every day. something i'm thankful for or that made me smile. i find that sometimes i focus too much on the negative and forget to appreciate the positive as much as i should. i'm sure we've all been there, and know that when we take time to consciously acknowledge goodness and happiness around us, things improve across the board. so, going back to my last paragraph, today's happy thing is that the internet allows me to keep in closer contact with my friends and family who live far away. my hope is that my parents get some high speed internet someday so that they can be more in the loop with our blogging etc.

update: it worked!