Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Early Birthday Present!

Heath surprised me with my birthday present early last night. It was perfect because it was something I've wanted for a while, but would never buy for myself, nor would I ever expect to receive it - a 5.5 qt round Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Dutch (or French) Oven. This is one of those pieces, like a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, that will likely last a lifetime and then some. It's very pretty and very heavy, and I'm looking forward to trying it out, maybe tonight, probably this weekend. It's kind of a dorky thing to want, but I'm very excited. He took some pointers from a coworker (that used to sell them) about size and shape, and picked a great color - Flame. It's a fun, bright color, but one that will probably go with any kitchen decor in the future. It's such a nice piece, I wouldn't be at all opposed to designing a kitchen color scheme around it entirely. :) Thanks, hon!