Wednesday, May 23, 2007

finally gave in

i finally gave in to my cold and stayed home from work today after being up half the night hacking my lungs up. it was even less pleasant than it sounds.

some good did come of it, however, as i was able to look through the west elm catalog that i got in the mail yesterday. i spotted some cute bedding that was on sale (pictured below). i was already thinking i might invest in it, so i called the store near me to see if they had any in stock. not only did they have it in stock, it was on an even bigger markdown than in the catalog! needless to say, they are holding the quilt and shams for me to buy later today.


a rundown of my savings:

quilt:
originally $149
on sale for $29.97!!! (savings of 80%!!)

standard shams (set of two):
originally $49 (insanity)
on sale for $9.97

euro shams (each):
originally $39
on sale for $9.97 (getting 2)

so, for very high quality, design line stuff, i'll get the whole setup (including frivolous shams) for around $60. pretty dang good. my bargain good luckiness is still in effect even when i'm knocked over by a bad cold. hooray!