Tuesday, May 08, 2007

i'm back

back from ireland a bit early. due to a reaggravation of a hamstring injury and some problems with my bike, i headed home earlier than planned. i was also getting homesick, so it was good to get back. unfortunately, i'm also back at work, and i feel like i'm in office space...somebody has a case of the tuesdays... this woman in the cube next to mine is droning on a phone call and it's this weird combination of putting me to sleep and giving me a headache. where's my itunes? ok, that's better.

i managed to post my pictures on photobucket for the time being, but bear with me as they are pretty much out of order and not all clearly labeled. i also failed to rotate them all so they are oriented the same way, but most of them should be fine to check out.

everybody is so sad to see me back at work, and they feel bad that i had to cut the trip short, but i'm really okay with it. i still got to see a lot of really cool stuff and had a good time while i was there, so no need to feel like i missed half my trip or anything. coming home was the right decision. i would've been in pain and frustrated with my bike if i had stayed this week, too.

now that i'm back, i need to start really getting ready to move and going through all my stuff, throwing out/selling/giving away stuff i don't need or use. i also need to prime my walls back to white before i move out. rather than waiting until the last minute to take care of that stuff, i'm going to kind of spread it out over a couple weeks, maybe painting a couple nights a week, taking care of one room or so at a time. that should make it a lot more tolerable.

there is also a bunch of stuff to look forward to, as well, over the next several weeks. a couple of cubs game, a kane county cougars game, camping in warren dunes over memorial day, the corporate challenge, possibly a show or two at ravinia and probably some other things i'm forgetting.