Tuesday, July 10, 2007

hope college alumni hate

all i wanted was a reprint of my college diploma with my maiden name on it. i was married when i graduated, but am now divorced. my diploma has my married name on it. i want to feel proud of my degree and of attending hope college, but when i see my married name on the diploma, many difficult memories come back. that isn't me anymore, and i'd prefer if my name were on my diploma.

hope will not provide me with a new diploma. i'd be willing to pay, wait, send documentation, do anything they want, but they will not even consider it.

they are failing to assist me with the one and only thing i've asked for since graduating. it doesn't seem unreasonable to me. other universities allow you to get a reprinted diploma with a new name by paying a fee, turning in your old one, providing documentation, etc, but hope refuses.