Monday, October 08, 2007

daily gratitude

i'm grateful for all the experiences i've had. sometimes i feel like
i've failed at certain things or wasted my time in one way or another,
but i need to remember that all those experiences were valuable in
shaping who i am and where i am headed. it's important for me to focus
on how i've learned from my past and remember that i made certain
choices for good, valid reasons and that they were the right thing to do
in my life. when i look at where i'm at, things are really great for me
right now. as i look to the future, i can see several doors in various
areas of my life that are ready to open for me if i am willing to do
what i need to take advantage of them. i have to take the initiative and
pursue these things and not let self-doubt or fear (or regret from the
past) get in the way of my success. it's scary to put yourself out there
sometimes, but i need focus on the fact that the greatest rewards and
most happiness will come when i take some risks. i'm fortunate for the
opportunities i've had and that are waiting for me, and i won't let
myself get in my own way like i have for the past few years!


(a while ago, i said that i wanted to start a daily post on what i'm
grateful/thankful for in my life because i don't appreciate things
enough. so here's the first one. i imagine that some will be "grander"
than others, but the idea is to force me to think about what i'm
grateful for and to take the time to appreciate those things, big or small.)