Thursday, April 12, 2007

practicing packing

i did a little practicing with my packing last night. it forced me to finally decide what specific clothes to bring. i made some adjustments to my original plan. i'm bringing some tights after all because i could use them both for running and on the bike. knowing me, i'll likely be cold in the mornings and i can just wear the tights over my bike shorts and take them off if i get too warm. i feel a little nervous only bringing one "normal" outfit, but am hoping i can find a simple skirt to put on over my bike shorts, too. american apparel has one i want to check out when i'm in evanston this weekend. i also wanted to see if i could get another general wear top, like this one from rei, since it would be versatile.

i was able to easily fit everything in my panniers and also everything including my panniers into a suitcase, so i should be fine even with the added few items. i'm planning on carrying my backpack on the plane and then just leaving that behind with my suitcase and bike case when we head out on our bikes.