Monday, June 11, 2007

at&t

/rant

i followed at&t's suggestion to merge my wireless (cingular) and home phone/internet bills. i thought, "hey, this will be great. all on one bill, one payment. easy." so, the folks over there merged the account, called me (using MY cell phone minutes) to let me know that my accounts were being combined (duh, i requested it), and that therefore my autopay for cingular would stop but my autopay for at&t would continue. right.

well, the billing cycles were slightly out of sync (which is fine. reasonable, even). and since they transferred a partial balance from my wireless account over to my at&t home account, which was out of sync with that payment system, i got charged a late fee for not paying my cingular bill on time, even though it has AUTOPAY right there, ready to go, and they told me there would be no problem. grr. i wonder how many people they are milking that money off of by offering such a "convenient" service of merging the various accounts. i'm certain that i'm not the only one.

i'm calling there today to cancel (which i was going to anyway, since i'm moving), but i think i'll say that a large part of why i'm not going with them in the future is because of these shenanigans.

/end rant