Tuesday, June 19, 2007

packing is no fun

i think that a good number of the people that read my blog are moving soon, and either are or will be packing. good luck to you. i'm nearing the tail end of my packing, and while i feel good about getting close to done, i'm stressing about feeling claustrophobic with the boxes everywhere and feeling like more and more stuff just keeps emerging and needing to fit into a box somewhere. i'm out of my place tonight, and next saturday my parents come to help me put most of my furniture into storage for a month or so. i want things to be pretty much ready to go when i leave here tonight. at least i'm only packing an apartment that i've been in for a year. you folks with real houses will definitely have it harder. i've probably gotten rid of close to 1/5 of what i owned prior to packing, so i do feel really good about that. the one good thing about moving every year is that it forces you to decide what you want to keep and what you can get rid of. it's no good to move stuff you don't use and/or aren't going to use!