Friday, June 29, 2007

payday!!!

yay! i got my first paycheck for my new job today, as well as my last check from my old job! it's good timing, too, since the security deposit for the new apartment will be due soon, and heath and i will potentially be paying double rent for august, unless his landlord can find a new tenant by the end of july.

i definitely noticed my pay increase in this check, which i have to admit is really really nice to see. i'm really proud of what i've accomplished career-wise in the last two years. i'm literally making double what i was making less than two years ago. i was able to find a new, and so far, great, job, despite relatively limited experience. sometimes i get discouraged because i don't feel like i'm where i want to be in my career, but when i take a step back and realize what i have managed to do so far, i'm really quite satisfied, and feel like there is a good chance i can continue this growth and continue making my way up whatever ladder i decide to pursue!