Tuesday, February 27, 2007

head. ache.

i got home and was happy to get my new memory card for my camera for my trip. it holds 1700 pics at the highest resolution i have, which i think will be plenty for sure. but...

i also got a letter from my health insurance company. apparently i was in the emergency room in a hospital in rockford, il (what the?) on feb 13th (huh?). this came as quite a surprise to me. i was nowhere near rockford on feb 13th, but my insurance was billed for $3100+ of emergency room charges. so i called my insurance company and they could, of course, do nothing for me. i called the hospital's billing department and didn't get a person, so left a voicemail. i'm not exactly holding my breath on getting a call back tonight. ugh. this is one of my biggest annoyances: when i have to take time out of my day and make a bunch of efforts to try to rectify some problem that i didn't have anything to do with. hopefully it gets resolved fairly easily - i've never had to deal with something like this before so it's totally unknown territory to me. i'm hoping that it was a simple clerical error rather than some huge fraud or identify theft. (knock on wood.)